Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bear Lake

Last week Clarine and I went to a time share in Bear Lake.  We met Dan and Deanna Allred (from Arvada, Colorado).  We spent Monday through Friday morning with them eating, sight-seeing, playing games, shooting bean flippers or what ever else caught our fancy.  The pictures shown were taken on the west shore of Bear Lake as we were shooting our bean flippers.  I got so engrossed in our other activities that I forgot to take more pics.  We had a very good time, ate well, (gained six pounds; I am back to normal today. so maybe I retained a little water.)  The weather and temperatures were very ideal.  While were were there, a lot of the maple leaves on the mountain turned red - gorgeous.  We made a jaunt in a car all of the way around the lake.  We also went to Montpelier, Idaho and Soda Springs before we were through traveling one day.  I believe Clarine is getting stronger each day.  Talks as if she will return to the temple after we return from our sixteen day cruise to Hawaii and back.  Five days each direction - plus five days cruising the islands with some stops.  I am happy to have Clarine feeling stronger and better.  I am feeling good too.  Where I had the squamous cancer cut out of my ear is getting healed well enough now so that I can lie on it to sleep part of the time.  We are excited to be feeling as well as we are.  Love, Clarine and George.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you four had a wonderful time! I think Bear Lake is a beautiful place. I was able to swim in the lake only once this summer but I really enjoyed it. I am glad that your ear is healing and that Clarine is doing better. That's all wonderful news! I love you!

    ReplyDelete